Join us for an informative, interactive workshop that will help prepare you to support birthing women and their families.
These 4 days will fulfill 2 requirements for certification with DONA International: Attend a DONA International approved birth doula workshop and Attend an “Introduction to childbirth for doulas”.
Whether you want to support a friend throughout the birth process or make a career choice, this course is for you!
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
October 20, 21, 27 & 28, 2018
April 4 -7, 2019
- Time Commitment: 4 Full-day Workshop
- Cost: $650 (if paid in one payment), $675 (if paying in more than one payment at anytime)
- Prior Reading:
- Refund Policy: Cancellations available 30 days or more before workshop start date minus a $40 handling fee. No refunds will be made within 30 days of the workshop, however registrants may apply the fee towards a future workshop with I.T.S Birth services. Cancellations within one week of class must pay a $50 administration fee to rebook and apply fee towards another workshop.
Want a DONA International Birth Doula Training in your area? Contact us!
Why choose DONA International?
- An organization whose name and credentials are recognized world wide.
- An organization that has earned the respect of the medical profession.
- Founded and based on evidence based research.
- Gives members access to birth professions who have been doing this work for more than 20 years. These founders have directly contributed directly to the work we do.
- DONA’s dedication is to The Profession, to Doulas, and to it’s Members. It is not owed by one person.
Become a Birth Doula
When you become a certified birth doula, you gain a respected credential. DONA International certification means that you have met a high international standard, ensuring expectant parents and their birth care providers that you will adhere to the highest standards of conduct and ethics. It means you are trained to support a woman emotionally, as well as educated to help her determine the services and information that she needs during labor and childbirth.
DONA International is the premier doula association. With more than 7,000 birth and postpartum doula members and growing, they are the largest doula association in the world. By offering A DONA International training, we are providing quality training and meaningful certification. DONA International serves mothers and families by providing access to information and research about doulas, childbirth and the postpartum experience. DONA International certification sets the bar for doula education and professional development. It indicates to families that a doula has achieved a high level of training and professionalism.
This training is one step towards certification with DONA International. With the high level of recognized training and the knowledge of what it is like to be a doula in Manitoba, this training will leave you with knowledge and inspire you to make a difference in the lives of childbearing women. You can learn more about all of the requirements for becoming a certified doula through DONA International.